Samuel “Ross” PattonMD
Dr. Samuel “Ross” Patton attended undergraduate at the University of Texas at Austin. He was awarded the Presidential Endowed Scholarship and received a degree in History with Highest Honors in 2006. He obtained his medical degree in 2010 from the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston after being awarded the Herbert Seybold Scholarship. After completing a five-year Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery residency training program at UTMB in 2015, he received the Byron Bailey Surgical Society Sapere Aude Award. Dr. Patton’s practice is concerned with all areas of ear, nose, and throat problems. His practice has a special focus on adult nasal and sinus disorders. Dr. Patton performs balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery, septoplasty, nasal turbinate reduction, repair of nasal valve collapse, thyroidectomy, and many other surgical procedures. In his spare time, Dr. Patton enjoys spending time with his family and playing golf.
- August 2015 – Current
The Center for ENT, 4191 Bellaire Blvd, Suite 200, Houston, TX 77025
- American Board of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- July 2010 – June 2015 Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- 2006-2010 University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine Galveston, Texas Doctor of Medicine (with honors)
- 2002-2006 The University of Texas Austin, Texas B.A., History (with highest honors)
- Recipient of the 2015 Byron Bailey Surgical Society Sapere Aude Award (UTMB Otolaryngology resident of the year)
- Nominated for UTMB Resident of the Year (2015)
- Poster submission received designation of Outstanding Poster Abstract at the American Academy of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery meeting. September 2014
- Honors Graduate
- Recipient of the Herbert M. Seybold Scholarship for academic achievement
- Graduate with highest honors
- Recipient of the University Endowed Presidential Scholarship
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Correlation of Reflux Finding Scores on Laryngoscopy to Clinical Outcomes. Mentor: Dr. Michael Underbrink M.D./M.B.A. UTMB. 2013-2015
- Origin of Deep Space Neck Abscesses. Mentor: Dr. Michael Underbrink M.D./M.B.A. UTMB. 2015.
- The American Academy of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery; Orlando, FL. September 21-24, 214.
- –“Correlation of Reflux Finding Scores on Laryngoscopy to Clinical Outcomes.”
(all grand rounds published on Dr. Quinn’s Otolaryngology Online Textbook)
- “Naso-Orbital-Ethmoid Fractures.”
UTMB Otolaryngology Grand Rounds November 19, 2014.
- “Bilateral Vocal Cord Paralysis After Total Thyroidectomy.”
UTMB Otolaryngology/Endocrinology Conference September 15, 2014.
- “Evidence-Based Use of Prophylactic Antibiotics in Head and Neck Surgery.”
UTMB Otolaryngology Grand Rounds May 22, 2014.
- “Radioactive Iodine Ablation.”
UTMB Otolaryngology/Endocrinology Conference March 18, 2013.
- “Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy for Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma.”
UTMB Otolaryngology Grand Rounds November 28, 2012.
- “Meniere’s Disease.”
UTMB Otolaryngology Grand Rounds May 28, 2012.
- “Rhinogenic Headache.”
UTMB Otolaryngology Grand Rounds January 30, 2012.
- “Pediatric Acute Infectious Otitis Externa.”
UTMB Otolaryngology Grand Rounds November 22, 2010.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Endoscopic Endonasal Surgery of the Cranial Base and Pituitary Fossa. July 2014.
- American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery Annual Meeting. Orlando. September 2014.
- Current Concepts in the Management of Thyroid and Parathyroid Neoplasms Conference. MD Anderson. February 2014.
- Current Concepts in Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology. M.D. Anderson. November 2013.
- UTMB GME Chief Resident and House Officer Subcommittee. July 2014-June 2015